Staff are always happy to conduct sessions for visiting groups on how to ‘get started’ here at the Archives. The content of your visit will be tailored to meet the needs of your group, but can include:
- an introduction to Glamorgan Archives procedures
- advice on using our catalogues to find what you want
- an ‘access all areas’ tour of the building, including conservation and box-making
- information on how to handle original records, and how to care for any archival material of your own that you may have at home
- display of documents relating to your locality or topic of interest
- an opportunity to ask questions and seek advice
We have had visits from wide ranging groups including railway enthusiasts, medieval scholars, artists and family historians. So if you are an officer of a local society, or a tutor of a local history or family history class in the Glamorgan area, why not get in touch and make a booking?